In today’s dynamic media landscape, successful communication strategies include both earned and paid media– in this case, influencers. It’s been more than a decade since social media influencers entered the scene and monetized their own brands, and the industry is ever evolving. Join us for a discussion about how integrating influencers into your earned media strategy can amplify your narrative and widen your reach. In addition, our panelists will address some of the persistent questions about influencer marketing, such as how best to identify authentic influencers for your brand and navigating the expectations of influencers leveraging their platform during crises.
Moderated by: Julie Dennehy, APR | President, Dennehy PR
- Lindsay Dougherty, Director of Brand, SimpliSafe
- Laodecia “Lala” Fevrier, Influencer Marketing Manager, Wayfair
- Ryan Hathaway, Influencer Marketing Supervisor, 360PR+
- Alex Speir, Director of Marketing and Audience Development, Boston Symphony Orchestra
When: Wednesday, October 25 @ 6:00 PM
Where: 360PR+, 200 State Street, Floor 6, Boston MA 02109 (light refreshments will be provided)
Tickets are available here.
Thank you to our presenting sponsor 360PR+
- Julie Dennehy engaged her years of Boston agency experience to launch Dennehy Public Relations in 1996, a PR firm specializing in connecting smart consumer-facing companies with their stakeholders via strategic public relations. An aggressive and creative media strategist, Dennehy is a public relations consultant who excels at traditional and social media relations and content creation, launch/grand opening programs, and event management services. DPR clients are looking for a public relations specialist in consumer products/services, hospitality leaders, franchisors and retailers, arts/entertainment destinations and venues, and non-profit organizations. She is known for developing award-winning campaigns resulting in “out of the box” PR elements exceeding client expectations.
- Lindsay Dougherty is the Director of Brand Marketing at SimpliSafe home security. She has held roles across brand and acquisition in her 15 years in marketing, and is passionate about building brand campaigns that drive business results. Lindsay was previously the Director of Acquisition Marketing at Rue Gilt Groupe, and worked on the Brand and Integrated Growth Marketing team at Wayfair managing brand partnerships, affiliate, and integrated PR. Lindsay started her career in brand communications, working on the global newsroom team at Reebok, and managing a client portfolio at integrated PR agency, 360PR+.
- Laodecia “Lala” Fevrier is a marketing professional based out of Boston MA with experience in social media strategy, influencer marketing, event marketing, and e-commerce. She is dedicated to helping brands drive deep authentic connections with customers and fans in the digital space. She has worked for Fortune 500 companies such as Dell Technologies and Wayfair; and has a profound network of industry leaders. In her free time, Lala is passionate about DEI and will often travel to speak at various conferences and events about its value. She is an avid music lover and is co-owner of local production company No Price Tags Productions; aimed at supporting local New England musicians. Lastly, she is a part-time content creator working with major brands such as Macy’s and Giorgio Armani.
- Ryan Hathaway joined 360PR+ in 2021 from a boutique influencer marketing agency where he developed influencer programs for such major brands as Amazon, OREO, Viacom CBS, and Invisalign. Ryan works directly with account teams and plays a key role in ensuring 360’s client work is steeped in influencer marketing best practices. That includes overseeing use of 360’s influencer marketing platform to identify influencers based on brand criteria and deploy, track and measure influencer activations. His experience spans a wide cross section of industries including food & beverage, pet products, consumer electronics, home goods, and adult beverage.
- Alex Speir is the Director of Marketing and Audience Development for the Boston Symphony Orchestra where he is responsible for owned and paid media strategies. He is also a member of the Boston Cultural Council, the city’s arts and cultural grant-making body, and is an advocate for more equitable funding for arts organizations and artists in Boston. Alex is focused on engaging current and new audiences, using digital storytelling to create experiences that transcend the performance, and focusing on the relevance of programming to audience members’ lives. Alex grew up on a farm in rural Oklahoma and is a member of the Chickasaw Nation, the League of American Orchestras, Chorus America, ArtsBoston, and the Boston Arts Marketing Alliance.
Wednesday, August 2, 6pm @ Tia’s –
PR Club and PRSA Boston invite you to our Summer Social at Tia’s! We missed a few summers due to the pandemic, so we’re excited to get this annual networking tradition back on track. Join us to catch up with colleagues and friends on Boston’s waterfront. Appetizers will be provided, along with one complimentary drink ticket. Hope to see you there! Tickets are available here.
Wednesday, August 2, 2023
6:00 PM ET
Tia’s, 200 Atlantic Ave, Boston
Join us for a virtual discussion on Thursday, June 1 from 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. ET.
Despite many companies’ verbal commitments to inclusion, there is often a gap between their intentions and actions. In-house comms teams, the agencies that represent them, and the media they engage have an opportunity – and a responsibility – to ensure brands are doing more than just checking a box on performative DEI efforts. From the communications and content that are crafted, to the platforms leveraged, the voices featured, and the individuals who are doing the work, we’ll discuss the critical role agencies and other stakeholders play in cultivating and sustaining true diversity.
Melanie Figueiredo, Vice President, Advertising and Sponsorship Sales, URL Media, a multi-platform network of high-performing Black and Brown media organizations
Abenaa Hayes, Founder & CEO, Elysee Consulting, a consultancy focused on cultivating inclusion through engagement
Rachel Huff, President, Victoire & Co, an agency search consultancy (moderator)
Tickets are available here.
Wednesday, May 17, 2023 at 11:00 a.m. ET – Register here
In the PR world, we often see colleagues move from agency to in-house communications roles, with some even coming full circle and moving back to an agency once again.
Join us on Wednesday, May 17 for a discussion about how and why industry colleagues transitioned between agency and in-house and learn about their experiences on both sides. Our speakers will dig into the differences in day-to-day responsibilities, learning curves, what they wish they’d known before they made their career moves, and how having experience on both sides of the house has benefitted their perspectives and careers.
Join us for a session learning about the similarities and differences between agency and in-house careers.
- Lilian Kidston, Vice President, Marketing Strategy & Planning, Mimecast
- Mark Crowley, Global Communications Practice Leader, Blue
- Leslie LaRue, Vice President, Social, WE Communications
- Amanda Fountain (moderator), Digital Engagement Lead, LEGO Education
March 9 at 12:00 p.m. ET. Register here.
As a public relations professional, you will encounter (or already have) a few instances of cringe-worthy assumptions about PR. Whether that’s the classic “all company ‘news’ should be shared via a press release” or “media relationships are more important than a news hook” – we’ve all been there.
That’s why we’re deep-diving into the origins of the most common myths, identifying where the truth lies within them and squelching the other fallacies associated with our profession.
Join us on Thursday, March 9 at 12:00 p.m. ET for an afternoon full of debunking. Panelists include:
- Parry Headrick, founder and CEO of Crackle PR
- Patty Stone, former EVP at Weber Shandwick
- Kaitlynn Cooney, account director at Brodeur Partners (moderator)