Striker Award (Young PR Professional of the Year)
The Striker Award recognizes a public relations or communications practitioner who has demonstrated a love of the field, a dedication to their career and a superior work ethic. The award is given to a working New England public relations or communications professional who has excelled in the PR and communications industry in a very short period of time and has surpassed other newcomers in the organization and in the field. The winner must demonstrate excellence in public relations strategy and tactics, handling clients and staff, creativity, PR program implementation and results documentation, as well as superior written and interpersonal communication skills and professionalism.
- Candidates must have completed their first year of full-time public relations employment no earlier than 2017 (having been in the PR industry for three years or less)
- Candidates must have successfully completed specified goals within a corporate communications department or agency
- Candidates must be employed in New England as of application deadline time
- Candidates may not be a current member of the PR Club Board of Directors
- Nomination by supervisor, peer, client or member of the media
- Nomination must include goals set by nominee’s company/agency and how the nominee met those goals and evidence of outstanding achievement in their company/agency
- Nominee must also include a 300-word statement on why they chose to work in PR, what their career goals are and why they deserve this award
- Entry fee of $100 for PR Club members; $125 for non-members
Nomination deadline: April 17, 2020 by 6 pm ET
- Submit nominations and payment via our online entry system here.
Award recipient will receive
- $500 Check
- Young PR Professional of the Year Plaque