The PR Club of New England proudly invites you to the return of our popular summer workshops – this year, in a special three-part online “Summer School.” This year’s series covers everything from writing basics to content marketing and media relations to social-media strategy.
Summer is the perfect time to polish your pitching skills, improve your writing, and generally raise your PR/marketing game. Best of all, you can attend these workshops through Zoom from the comfort of your own home office. Instructors include:
- Michael Dowding, an accomplished freelance writer and ghostwriter of six books for executive authors, who has taught PR and communications writing at Boston University for more than 20 years.
- Amy Shanler, a corporate communications veteran, PRLab director at Boston University, and successful freelancer.
- Amanda Fountain, a social-media expert with March Communications.
Register for the summer writing workshops HERE.
Three Sessions to Choose From
Content Strategy for News Making – Amy Shanler – Thursday, July 23 – 12:00-2:00 p.m. ET
Learn how to develop a solid content strategy for news-making purposes. You’ll be sure to pick up valuable tips and techniques, including:
- Key message identification, articulation, and presentation
- Pitching – learn an insider’s tricks
- Editing tricks
Mastering Social-Media Marketing – Amanda Fountain – Thursday, July 30 – 12:00-2:00 p.m. ET
Learn how to write compelling posts that get your audience to take action, even while balancing length requirements:
- Character limits
- Voice vs. tone
- Calls to action
- Hashtag use
PR Writing 101: Fundamentals – Michael Dowding – Thursday, August 6 – 12:00-2:00 p.m. ET
Learn how to tackle passive voice, ace AP style, and master the fundamentals of great writing. We’ll cover what it takes to become a great writer:
Each session is just $25 — half off our normal fee of $50 per session!
PR Club Summer School sessions take place entirely online. Upon your paid registration, you’ll receive a Zoom link and access to supporting workshop materials.