When: Thursday, July 25 | Networking 5:45-6:15 p.m. | Program Start 6:15-8:00 p.m.
Summer is the perfect time to polish your pitching skills, improve your writing, nail social media content development, and generally raise your PR/marketing game. Each class includes a light dinner and time for networking from 5:45 – 6:15 pm, followed by class until 8 pm. Instructors for this session include the PR Club’s very own:
- Michael Dowding, freelance writer and master lecturer at Boston University. Michael is an accomplished freelance writer and ghostwriter of six books for executive authors, who has taught PR and communications writing at Boston University for more than 20 years.
- Amy Shanler, Associate Professor at Boston University and Director of the University’s PRLab.
Content Strategy for News Making
Learn how to develop a solid content strategy for news-making purposes with Michael Dowding and Amy Shanler. You’ll be sure to pick up valuable tips and techniques, including:
- Key message identification, articulation, and presentation
- FBO – “first, best, only”
- News release
- Pitching – learn an insider’s tricks from a veteran PR pro and BU professor
Click HERE to purchase tickets for this workshop.
Boston University College of Communications
Boston University College of Communications, Room 209, 640 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston