Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Perkins School for the Blind, located near Boston, was the first school for the blind chartered in the United States in 1829. For over 180 years, Perkins School for the Blind has provided quality educational and residential services to students who are blind, visually impaired or deafblind, empowering them to reach their maximum potential. Perkins School for the Blind embraces diversity in ability, thought, culture and belief. We provide equal education and employment opportunities and value the unique talents and contributions of all of our students and staff.
The Content Manager reports to the Director of Content and Brand and is responsible for the daily execution and project management of content projects. S/he works to develop consistent and accurate digital and print content in support of marketing initiatives to promote the Perkins brand and help achieve strategic priorities, both internally and externally.
Application link: https://psfbapp.vistahrms.com/public/jobs/2018-166P6752.htm
Oversees content creation as lead editor, producer and writer. Drives content development in collaboration with leadership and all Perkins divisions from conception to delivery on multiple platforms, including website, blog, collateral, advertising and other digital and print projects as assigned.
- Responsible for consistency in message, tone and personality to support Perkins brand identity and organizational goals for growth, impact and sustainability. Ensures Perkins’ key messages are incorporated in an integrated way across communications.
- Responsible for major digital/print publications and other projects, working with communications and web team members responsible for visual assets, design, production management, distribution and accessible versions.
- Serves as editor and mentor for all content creators to grow message development skills and project management skills and strategies.
- Collaborates across Perkins teams as appropriate to ensure content of the highest quality is aligned with strategic priorities, reaches the most appropriate audiences and inspires desired audience actions, with measurable goals for success whenever possible.
- Manages vendors and freelance work.
- Uses experience and problem-solving ingenuity to maintain an efficient workflow and open, productive communication team environment.
- Acts as an ambassador and positive, engaged member of the content team, dedicated to supporting Perkins marketing objectives as they relate to strategic priorities and forwarding Perkins’ mission.
Manages employees involved in Marketing’s content production including: writers, photographer, videographer, etc., and is responsible for the direction, coordination, budgetary planning and evaluation of this team. Oversees the interviewing, hiring, training and appraisal processes.
Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of experience in communications, marketing and management experience.
Benefits: We provide a complete benefits package which includes tuition reimbursement, medical and dental insurance, LTD and Life insurance, retirement programs and staff development and training.
Perkins seeks to enhance its community of intellectually, culturally, and socially diverse individuals to enrich the educational experience of our students. Applicants from a multicultural background, are bilingual, and/or who have relevant life experience are encouraged to apply.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
Perkins School for the Blind does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin (including unlawful language proficiency requirements), age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, disability, and military service in treatment or employment at Perkins, admission or access to Perkins, or any other aspect of the educational programs and activities that Perkins operates.
Perkins is required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and their respective implementing regulations at 34 C.F.R. Parts 100, 104, 106 and 110, not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, sex, or age. A
compendium of those regulations can be found at https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=503a5e825dae16425ec0bfd2ca33cbd0&mc=true&tpl=/ecfrbrowse/Title34/34cfrv1_02.tpl#100.
The following person(s) have been designated to handle inquiries and complaints regarding discrimination:
Name and Title: Michele Crews, Director of Human Resources
Address: 175 North Beacon Street, Watertown, MA 02472
Telephone Number: (617) 972-7671
E-mail Address: Michele.email@example.com
Inquiries concerning the application of each of the federal statutes and their implementing regulations to Perkins may be referred to Ms. Crews or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights at (617) 289-0111 or 5 Post Office Square, 8th Floor, Boston, MA 02109-3921.