John Guilfoil Public Relations (JGPR) is looking for a talented account coordinator to support account executives in the timely delivery of content and completion of projects for our roster of clients.
The account coordinator will work with JGPR’s clients, including but not limited to, schools, city/town leaders, public health directors, and police and fire departments. This is a writing-intensive job, and an ideal candidate will be able to craft press releases, feature stories, blog entries, and social media posts on deadline without the need for extensive editing and re-writing. The candidate should also be able to write talking points, speeches and marketing language on demand.
There is a heavy focus on the ability to write high-quality news items for schools in this position, and an interest in this category is helpful.
This job will be based in JGPR’s Georgetown, Mass. office.
- Write and copy edit press releases, primarily for education and government clients
- Create and distribute press releases, media relations content, case studies, executive bios, corporate client newsletter content, social media content, talking points and speaking proposals
- Research/clip media coverage and industry trends
- Actively seek to bring new clients/business opportunities into the company
- Attend meetings and events
- Pitch and coordinate coverage of events
- Must be available for on-call work, including nights, weekends and holidays
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, English or communications preferred
- Three years working at a newspaper, magazine, or related publication covering schools and municipal government preferred
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Associated Press Style. Candidates will be required to take a writing test
- Knowledge of WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite a plus