PR professionals are now more critical than ever when delivering information to the greater society. Whether headlines are positive or negative, it is crucial for public communicators to relay messages with the proper terms, and offer ways to move forward for society’s benefit. Check out these 5 articles that narrate their own advice of how society can move forward:
- As most of society now understands, crisis can unravel within a few moments notice. Social media users are the first to criticize a wrong move, and while it is impossible is completely avoid confrontation in crisis, there are ways to mitigate it. Check out these 7 tactics that lessen PR crisis damage.
- On June 15th, history was made for the LGBTQ+ community when the Supreme Court ruled that employers cannot fire someone for their sexual orientation or gender identity. Read more about this big step forward for society, and the areas that are still needed for improvement.
- In effort to protest the killing of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, and Breonna Taylor with the hashtag #blackouttuesday, results were counterproductive from its initial purpose of educating society. Learn more from CEO Sharon Chuter about the obligation to stop corporations from whitewashing social justice movements.
- After several months of social distancing, society is beginning to shift to “quarantine bubbles.” These bubbles are small groups of people who form their own social circle gaining social interaction, while still preventing COVID-19. Learn more about this step forward in emerging from the pandemic.
- COVID-19 has impacted consumer behavior in every way; particularly their selection of what and where to buy from. Studies have shown that consistent communication is vital to keep customers buying. Learn more about why consumers will not buy from uncommunicative brands.