As the world is entering “Phase 2” of the COVID-19 pandemic, businesses are slowly starting to reopen, and states are becoming more lenient with social distancing restrictions as COVID-19 case statistics fluctuate by the day. Here are 5 trends for communicators to-take note of as society transitions into this new phase:
- Open communication has never been more crucial in society. It can be easy to feel unmotivated and anxious, so upholding strong, thoughtful, and reassuring communication with your coworkers and peers is a great way to stay uplifted and inspired. Check out the “10 ways to keep employees engaged and informed during COVID-19 disruptions” for some great tips.
- As companies are slowly adjusting to a “new normal” of reopening business, the proper communication strategies are vital to continuing safe and relevant Public Relations practices. Here are the 5 best tips for communication during the nation’s comeback.
- Despite the common idea that the economy opens when the government opens it, the economy actually opens when citizens feel safe enough to resume their daily lives. The pandemic has created a complicated dilemma in which people are unsure whether or not they should resume work. Read more about how employers and employees are thinking through the process of “Phase 2.”
- For the past several decades, the month of June has been the strong, loud, and vibrant celebration of LGBTQ+ pride, also known as #PrideMonth. Sadly, in June 2020, the parade will not be occurring due to COVID-19, but that is not stopping anyone. Check out the #PridePledge that was recently launched to reallocate LGBTQ+ Pride funds to go back to the community for COVID-19 relief.
- The study of Psychology goes hand-and-hand with almost every career. Understanding your peers, employees, and employers at a cognitive level can increase positive results in many forms. Look over these four psychological drivers that positively influence your customer’s behavior.