With the summer getting closer and closer, it is the season for PR Internship applications. Several of our PR Club members are accepting applications for PR interns. We pulled together information about the internships below and how to apply.
Good luck & may the odds be ever in your favor!
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment that offers hands-on opportunities to strengthen your communications skills, creativity, and strategic thinking? If so, Tier One Partners is seeking a summer intern in our Boston office with talent, determination, drive, and a sense of humor to join our team working 40 hours/week. You will have the opportunity to play an active role in our day-to-day account work, as well as participate behind-the-scenes in the operation of a successful public relations agency. This role is a paid/hourly position for a rising college senior or recent college graduate looking to bolster their experience in the public relations field. Our ideal candidate is:
- A strong written and verbal communicator
- Organized and service- and detail-oriented. It’s all about the clients in this profession and ensuring you cross your Ts and dot your Is when it comes to delivering beautiful and impactful work
- Jazzed by the idea of using research and data to inform thinking and strategy
- A team player
- Someone who lives and breathes the social media world and will work with us to identify the latest and greatest social and digital marketing innovations and explore how they can be applied to Tier One programs
- Open and responsive to feedback and constructive criticism in order to learn and grow in a collaborative work environment
- Journalism, communications or public relations experience is a plus
We’re relentless in our pursuit of delivering excellent work with outstanding results. Our clients are industry leaders and inspiring people driven to break the mold and provide innovative ideas in the technology/consumer technology, clean energy, financial services, and healthcare markets.
The Tier One team is working virtually during the pandemic, but they hope to return in-person to our downtown Boston office (adjacent to several public transportation options) at some point this summer. Please send your resume to Jen Thibeault at email@example.com if interested.
Duration: Flexible start – August
John Guilfoil Public Relations
John Guilfoil Public Relations seeks a Public Relations Intern to work with its growing number of police, fire, government, school and non-profit clients and to aid the JGPR Account Executives and Coordinators in their roles. The Public Relations Intern position is an excellent role for someone looking to enter the field of public relations, and for those with an interest in criminal justice, public safety, municipal government and/or education. The Public Relations Intern will learn the vital skills needed to successfully maintain numerous public relations campaigns for a wide range of clientele. The intern reports to the Account Executives/Coordinators and is eligible to intern for up to 20 hours per week, starting at the beginning of each term. This position is unpaid and college credit must be obtained. Beginning in summer 2021, positions are located at JGPR’s Canton office (off the Canton Center MBTA station) and JGPR’s north office (exact location TBD). Remote positions can also be discussed.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Works in conjunction with Account Coordinators and Executives to write and edit press releases for approximately 300 police and fire departments, school districts and municipal government agencies. Interacts with public safety and government officials to collect information to craft fluid press releases that will be distributed to local, state and national media outlets.
- Complete research projects to include new clients, client tracking, media clips, outreach efforts and more.
- Assist with graphic design and/or video projects.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Strong writing skills with knowledge of AP Style
- Able to work under pressure and on tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and use of discretion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- Knowledge of WordPress platforms a plus
- Graphic design skills and knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and/or Canva a plus
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and put “Public Relations Intern” in the subject line. Qualified applicants will be asked to complete a writing test.
Duration: May – August
As a Public Relations Intern at 360PR+, you’ll have an opportunity to contribute to an array of marketing campaigns for clients and the agency, while building your skills and professional portfolio. You’ll learn from veteran PR pros, and gain broader exposure to the agency’s work through a variety of company meetings and professional development sessions.
Successful candidates will take immense pride in the quality of their work and attention to detail and deadlines and have some relevant professional experience consisting of a prior internship, freelance work or relevant PR course work. Additional skills and attributes that will help you stand out include: a nose for news and all things media, a detail-focused multi-tasker, a creative writer and a winning team mentality.
Paid internships are 40 hours/week, and rising juniors and seniors are prioritized. Summer 2021 is anticipated to be remote; however, candidates are required to reside in the Boston or NY markets for the duration of the program.
Interested candidates should send their resume or link to portfolio and a brief cover letter to: email@example.com with the subject line: Summer 2021 PR Internship | ‘Your Name’. Applications for the Summer 2021 semester will be accepted on a rolling basis, and only complete applications with a cover letter will be considered.
Duration: May – August
Within a few weeks’ time, Matter will be accepting applications for paid summer PR interns. Interns will work with client teams to lay the foundation for successful public relations and marketing communications programs. You will perform work that is vital to colleagues and clients. As part of the Matter team, you should be prepared to work hard and make contributions that directly affect the success of the team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to media scanning, research, media lists, writing, reporting and other ad hoc projects. Applicants must be a recent college graduate or junior/senior college student with a minimum of a 3.0 GPA and availability to work 20 hours per week (previous agency/PR experience is a plus!).
Duration: May – August
Have an internship or job you’d like to list on our job board? Members can submit job posts HERE.