The wait is nearly over… that’s right, on June 10, we’ll reveal the winners of the 53rd Bell Ringer Awards.
For the second year, the event is virtual, but with a refreshed approach to bring the spirit of an in-person ceremony to viewers’ homes and offices. We’ll launch the flurry of good news by unveiling the “Single Item” category winners via the @PRClubofNE Twitter channel starting at 11 a.m. ET on Thursday, June 10.
Then at 4:30, tune into Bell Ringer Award YouTube premiere event that kicks off with a signature cocktail demonstration by Louise Mawhinney, owner of Duck Soup of Sudbury. Then, the award ceremony, hosted by Justin Joseph of Boston University College of Communication, will usher in the night’s honors. Justin will announce winners of the campaign and professional awards, including the new COVID-19 categories and the Platinum Super Bell. While tickets are free, we ask that you pre-register here.
While the window has closed to order the Poppin’ Bell Ringer Bottle kits, you can still purchase a case of 12 PR Club champagne flutes to share with your team and make the awards night more festive. The cost is $60 per case if you would like to pick them up in Boston, or $75 to have them shipped to you. (Click here and begin a new submission – order by June 4.)
In keeping with tradition, the PR Club will once again donate to the nonprofit organization of our host’s choice. This year, in honor of Justin Joseph, the PR Club will donate $1,000 to Kataluma. This organization welcomes refugee guests in a safe, gracious home with hosts and a supportive community, and mobilizes and equips local residents to welcome new arrivals. While it’s been a difficult year, we’re proud to give back to organizations and causes that need our support and we encourage you to contribute to Kataluma or another worthy cause of your choice.
We also thank the 2021 Bell Ringer Awards sponsors, Talkwalker and BusinessWire, for their contributions to this year’s awards ceremony, as well as World Trophies, Charles River Media Group, Lunchpail Productions, Pretty Instant, Meltwater, Boston University College of Communication, D.S. Simon Media, and JTC Printing for their continued ongoing support of the PR Club.
Finally, a shout out to our amazing cadre of judges who volunteered countless hours to read and score all of the entries.
Here’s the order of categories for the YouTube premiere event:
- INDUSTRY CAMPAIGNS: Consumer, Hospitality/Travel/Entertainment, Business-to-Business, Government/Public Affairs, High-Tech, and Healthcare.
- INFLUENCER CAMPAIGNS: Mega Influencer and Unpaid Influencer
- SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGNS: Business-to-Consumer
- MARKETING: Integrated Marketing Communications, Content Marketing, On a Shoestring, and Agency Marketing
- BRAND VISIBILITY: Brand Building or Re-Branding B2B and Executive Thought Leadership/Visibility
- SPECIALTY COMMUNICATIONS: Superior Achievement in Research and Planning, Crisis Communications, Investor/Financial Relations, and Corporate Culture/Internal Communications
- STAKEHOLDERS: Nonprofit, Cause Marketing, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Fundraising
- PROFESSIONAL AWARD: Striker
- COVID CAMPAIGNS: COVID-19 Product or Service and COVID-19 Response
- PROFESSIONAL AWARD: Ringer
- PROFESSIONAL AWARD: John J. Molloy Crystal Bell
- PLATINUM SUPER BELL: Recap of Finalists and Presentation of Winner